The Expedited Approvals process requires the submission to the Quality Council of a Proposal Brief of the proposed new program and the rationale for it. Only the applicable criteria will be applied to the proposal with reference as appropriate to learning outcomes, faculty members and resources. The process is further expedited by not requiring the use of external reviewers. Furthermore, the Council’s appraisal and approval processes are reduced.
- New Programs with Expedited Approval Program Brief Template
- Graduate Diplomas (Definition and Proposal Template)
- Dual Credential Collaborative Combined Programs (Definitions and Proposal Templates)
- Graduate Fields (Definition and Proposal Template)
- Guidelines Intra/Inter-Institutional-Programs
Many New Degree programs also require specific approval for funding from the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD). Effective October 2014, the process for MAESD approval can be followed in parallel with the Quality Assurance procedures. The MAESD template must also be submitted to the Vice-Provost Academic for review prior to submission to the President for signature.