The development of new undergraduate and graduate degree programs follows the protocol for new degree approvals as outlined in the York University Quality Assurance Process and also complies with the Quality Council’s Quality Assurance Framework.
The Program Brief for new degree programs includes the following components:
- program proposal, including letters of consultation/support and other relevant appendices
- curricula vitae of the faculty, including program-specific appointment criteria
- external reviewer nominations
To ensure that all of the evaluation criteria are addressed in the proposal under development, program proponents are required to submit the New Program Brief in the following format.
- New Program Degree Brief Template
- External Reviewer Nominations for New Programs
- Site Visit Guidelines and Process for New Programs
- Appraisal Report Template for New Programs
- Guidelines for Intra-Institutional & Inter-Institutional Programs
Many New Degree programs also require specific approval for funding from the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD). Effective February 2017, the process for MAESD approval can be followed in parallel with the Quality Assurance procedures. The MAESD template must also be submitted to the Vice-Provost Academic for review prior to submission to the President for signature.